Monday, August 24, 2015

Less Trash =), New Camp =(

Today we came prepared to clean up the former camp and it actually took less time than I expected once we got going.  While we were there, however, we noticed two police officers on bikes on the main trail.  When I walked over to see what was going on, they pointed out ANOTHER camp that we hadn't seen.  I'm starting to really wonder about this area.  We saw a woman walking along the path picking up sticks.  When we passed her, she informed us that she was looking for a stick to use in her hair.  Um...okay.  Later, we encountered a man who was trying very hard not to stagger and he reeked of alcohol.  Good thing I bring my bodyguard.

We had taken along a rake for the camp clean up and I used it to bushwhack to the roots of the downed oak tree, just to check out how it could be lying on the ground and still be alive.  It seems that some of the roots were flexible enough to bend instead of snapping off.
Down, but not out!
Still no rain, so the camped-in side of the patch is very dry.  Today, in almost the same spot that I found the downy woodpecker feather last time, I found a flicker feather.  Woodpecker heaven?


No comments:

Post a Comment