Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Another Day, Another Feather

I'm starting to think I should have titled this blog "Feathers" because nearly every time we've been to the Patch, I have found a feather. Could it be that hunting for trash on the ground has a good side?

Anyway, this is the tail feather of a Stellar's jay.  We saw two lurking around.  Seeing these two made me pause later when I thought I heard a red tail hawk, because Stellar's jays do a decent red tail imitation.  This time, however, after searching around, we saw a red tail flying high overhead.

We picked up the clothes left behind from the camp and all the other trash we could see.  Not really too much today.

Fall is beginning to tinge the trees:
The spiders are webbing in:




And there's even a new flower that popped out of the ground:

This appears to be a cyclamen, and although I don't think it is native, it was a bright spot in an area much trampled by former campers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment